HOW TO APPLY FOR A STUDENT
- International Students coming to Australia must study on campus.
- International Students NOT coming to Australia can study by Distance or Online.
- You need a student visa if you wish to study in Australia for over 3 months.
- If your intended stay in Australia is 3 months or less you may apply for a short stay visa.
- For periods of study greater than 3 months a Student (Temporary) Visa is required by non-Australian residents and is granted only if you enroll in Hope College
Step One – Post your Application to Hope College.
- Complete the student application form.
- Include a $200 registration fee (in Australian dollars).
- Include a copy of a Pastor’s reference & one other character reference.
- Include a short essay (approximately 100 words), giving your reasons for wanting to study.
- An IELTS test score of 5.5, this score may also be required for your visa application.
- Post your application to Hope College Box 35 Varsity Lakes Qld 4227 Australia
Step 2 – Post or Email a copy of your current passport.
- Hope College will process your student application when we have all the documents listed in ‘Step 1’
- Hope College will then forward a letter of acceptance to you with your student number, course code number etc., which may then be submitted with your Visa Application form.
Step Three – Apply for a Student Visa
- Visa applications requirements differ from one country to another.
- If you are applying outside Australia, you must contact your nearest departmental office and check exactly how to submit your application and what documents to provide.
Student Visa sub-classes.
Hope College offers courses in only in the following subclass: Subclass 572 Vocational education and training (VET) sector covers Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma. (Hope College)
The Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment
The eCoE is the only accepted evidence of enrolment for processing student visa applications. Depending on your country of nationality and your principal course of study you may have to undergo a Pre-Visa Assessment (PVA) before you are issued with an eCoE. A copy of your eCoE must be submitted to your local DIBP office before a student visa can be issued.
1. Visa conditions
Students must comply with their visa conditions in order to retain their visa. You may be reported to DIBP and your visa may be cancelled for: not meeting course requirements; failure to provide Hope College with your address/change of address details within seven days of arrival or address change studying less than a full-time load (except in the finishing stage of course or when repeating failed units); working without permission, or above the maximum number of hours permitted on a student visa; taking leave of absence without approval; not maintaining your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
2. Visa extensions
If you need to extend your visa in order to complete your course or to study other courses in Australia, you must submit your application to DIBP before your visa expires.
3. Working while studying
Working while you are studying in Australia is allowed and many students do a limited amount of paid work. As an international student, you can work a maximum of 20 hours per week while the course is in session, and full-time in vacations. You will need to apply to DIBP for a visa with ‘permission to work’, (condition 8105) after you commence study.
You may include in your student visa application your immediate dependants – usually spouse and children.
5. Work Rights For Your Spouse
If you have a spouse (eg husband or wife) who is joining you in Australia and wishes to work, the spouse will also have to obtain a Visa with ‘permission to work’. The work conditions for spouses vary depending on the course that the student is undertaking.
6. Health Insurance
As an international student, it will be compulsory for you to obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) while you are in Australia. This rule also applies to any members of your immediate family who join you here. The health insurance fee must be paid before your visa can be issued, and you will be required to renew the health cover annually. You should contact an Australian health insurance provider for a quote. Hope College can assist you with your MBF application