Korean Bible College - Hope College Australia

Living on the Gold Coast



  • Public Transport -Student Discounts: here
  • Gold Coast Airport: here
  • Brisbane Airport: here
  • Catch a train from Brisbane Airport: here
  • Robina Town Centre: here
  • Renting home: here, here,
  • Homestay: here
  • Jobs on the Gold Coast: here
  • Cost of living: here


Hope College supplies suitably-qualified persons for the provision of support services for students, including pastoral care and counseling. Additional information on the local living environment, including the cost of living and transport, can be obtained from the Hope College Website.

New students will receive orientation on arrival, academic progress updates and information on the further study. Hope College’s goal is to promote the successful adjustment by students to live and study.

Hope College assists students to resolve problems, which could impede successful completion of their study programs and obtain a positive image of Australia and its educational opportunities.

We offer services on campus and/or by referral for overseas students to cover issues such as:

  • Loneliness, homesickness
  • Personal relationships, harassment
  • Academic difficulties
  • Accommodation difficulties
  • Financial problems
  • Personal trauma
  • Employment options
  • Concerns regarding friends and family
  • Personal health
  • Legal difficulties


Our goal is to enable students to make the most of their educational opportunities, to produce academic work that reflects their true potential and to attain their learning, career and ministry goals.  Our staff will assist students with a wide range of needs and inquiries related to personal, career,  welfare and learning issues.

Hope College provides a professional, confidential and pastoral care service to all students.  Personal pastoral care is available to assist students facing crisis situations, adjustment difficulties, and problems in living. Areas where help may be needed:

  • Self Esteem
  • Relationships
  • Depression and anxiety
  • Conflict resolution/problem solving
  • Post-trauma difficulties


Academic counseling can also assist the student to become a better, more efficient learner. Help is available for on-campus and or/by referral:

  • Studying efficiently
  • Structuring assignments
  • Increase motivation and concentration


Career counseling is available on campus and/or by referral to help students:

  • Make informed decisions on career directions
  • Understand their interests, abilities, and values
  • Establish possible employment options
  • Gain information about further study options

Whether you need assistance with accommodation, personal counseling or academic counseling, our college staff are ready to assist you. No matter the problem, no matter the time or day there is always someone that you can turn to for assistance.

In particular, we are conscious of the special challenges that international students face and we endeavor to ensure our procedures and staff are aware of the range of issues and concerns that may arise and how we can assist you in you overcome any difficulties.


You should work out a budget covering accommodation, food, transport, and clothing. Childcare, if applicable, should also be taken into account. The average (single) international student in Australia spends a minimum of $400 per week on accommodation, food, clothing, transport, telephone, and incidental costs. While this is a realistic guide, it is important to remember that individual circumstances will vary by location, course and chosen lifestyle.

Australian currency is the only legal tender in Australia. When you first arrive, money from other countries can be changed at the exchange facilities located at international airports, banks, and major hotels. Traveler cheques are easier to use if already in Australian dollars, however, banks will cash traveler’s cheques in virtually any currency. Major hotels and shops, depending on individual store policy, will cash

Major hotels and shops, depending on individual store policy, will cash traveler’s cheques.  Credit cards are widely accepted around Australia. The most commonly accepted credit cards are Visa, MasterCard, American Express and their affiliates.   Australia uses a dollars and cents system of decimal currency with 100 cents in a dollar. The banknotes in use are $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100. Coins used are the silver colored 5 cents, 10 cents, 20 cents and 50 cents and the gold colored $1 and $2 coins.


It is a good idea to set up an Australian bank account. You will need to provide your visa and evidence of residency. (To prove evidence of residency you will need to provide your bank a copy of your student card, CoE, Health Insurance card, rental agreement, and other utility bills or a drivers license containing your address.)

Banking services in Australia are extremely competitive. Over 20 local and numerous international banking groups are represented in Australia. All major banks have a branch in cities and regional centers. Most shopping centers have Automatic Teller Machines (ATM) facilities. These machines can be used for deposits and, in many instances, withdrawals 24 hours a day. Many department stores,   supermarkets, and specialist shops have electronic transfer terminals (EFTPOS) where cash withdrawals can also be made in addition to purchasing goods.

The four main Australian banks are the Commonwealth Bank, ANZ Bank, National Australia Bank, and Westpac. Branches of these banks, as well as several regional banks and building societies, are located close to the College in the shopping centers or town centers (e.g. at Mudgeeraba, Robina Town Centre, Burleigh Heads).

Normal trading hours of banks are 9.30 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday, although this may vary between some banks. (Some major bank branches open on Saturday mornings in major shopping centers like Robina Town Centre). Most banks also offer extended banking facilities by way of automatic teller machines (ATMs). These machines can be used for withdrawals and deposits 24 hours a day.

Major department stores, supermarkets, and petrol stations also have electronic transfer terminals (EFTPOS) where withdrawals can be made when purchasing goods. Bank charges can vary considerably, and it is advisable to check what fees are involved in opening an account, changing money or arranging any transaction.


In Australia, there are two types of Banking organizations banks and credit unions. Credit unions are co-operative banks. Each person who has an account with a credit union also has shares in the credit union. When you open a bank or credit union account in Australia you need to provide identification. You will need to bring your passport and some other forms of identification (for example your student identification card, birth certificate or driver’s license or identity card from your home country).

There are two basic types of accounts:

  • an everyday account which provides you with a cash card for use with 24-hour automatic cash dispensers (ATM Machines) and “EFTPOS” (Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale) facilities at stores. Some everyday accounts also have checkbook facilities. Accounts with checkbooks are subject to a special government tax.
  • investment accounts – these are designed for people who have a large amount of money to deposit in the bank. Investment accounts pay interest at higher rates than everyday accounts and do not usually have cash card access.   Investment accounts are a good place to put your tuition fees. It is best to look around for a bank that suits you. Find a bank that has offices near your home for convenience. Almost all banks charge fees on their accounts. You should make sure you know what the fees are and when they will be charged.


When you open your bank account the bank will ask you for your Tax File Number. Applying for a tax file number: Tax file numbers are used by the Australian Tax Office to identify people when they pay tax. You do not have to have a Tax File Number if you do not want one.

However, if you do not give your bank or employer your Tax File Number, any income you earn (including interest on your bank account) will be taxed at a higher rate than if you had given your Tax File Number to your bank or employer. You can apply for a Tax File Number by going to the local post office and asking for an application form. Follow the instructions on the form and you will be issued with a Tax File Number. Remember to keep your Tax File Number in a safe place and do not disclose it to anyone other than your employer or bank.


Students from all over the world come to Australia to take advantage of our world-class education and experience life in an energetic, friendly and confident community. Our people are innovative, hospitable and culturally diverse. With people from over 140 countries making Australia their home, we are one of the world’s most multicultural countries. Australians value the rich contribution international students make to our communities. Hope College is located in the same facility as Hope Church and many overseas students from Bond University attend our church services.

Visitors from many parts of the world are attracted by Australia’s spectacular natural environment. They also enjoy the sophistication and excitement of the Gold Coast and the distinctive personality and friendliness of the Australian people. Australia is rich in the arts and is keen to preserve and display its diverse cultural heritage. Australians are also environmentally conscious and keen to preserve the country’s natural beauty and scenery. Our Clean Up Australia campaign is being adopted worldwide.

Passenger Movement Charge (PMC)

The Passenger Movement Charge (PMC) is a AUD 60 cost for the departure of a person from Australia for another country, whether or not the person returns to Australia. The PMC replaced Departure Tax.

PMC is collected at the time a ticket is sold to a passenger and then forwarded by the carrier (airline carriers, shipping companies and air charter operators) to the Department.

Because manual collection of PMC is necessary for small itinerant flights and sea craft, an Australian Border Force Officer will collect AUD 60 directly from each passenger, or from the captain, or agent for each voyage for the total number of passengers at the place of departure. An official receipt is provided after payment of the PMC has been collected.

Where an arrangement with a carrier, air charter operator or shipping entity is in place, payment is made by direct credit. For manual collection, the following payment methods are available:

  • AUD 60 in cash; or
  • cheque payable to the Department of Home Affairs

The following passengers are exempt from payment of the PMC and should be identified at the time of ticket sale:

  • a person less than 12 years of age on the day of departure
  • a transit passenger passing through Australia to another destination overseas
  • an emergency passenger
  • a previous departure by a person from Australia by ship who is in the course of a journey (for example, round-trip cruise)
  • a crew member of an aircraft or a ship


Most public areas, shopping centers, accommodation, attractions, and restaurants have disabled facilities and services. Advance advice about special needs will ensure the best possible assistance from local operators. For more information telephone:

Tourism and Events Queensland +61 7 3535 3535, info@queenalnd.com;

Queensland Government Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors

Address: 111 George Street Brisbane Qld 4000

Postal address: GPO Box 806 Brisbane Qld 4001

Fax: (07) 3405 6428

Phone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)

Email: enquiries@communities.qld.gov.au


The Gold Coast operates on Eastern Standard Time (EST). Daylight saving is observed in New South Wales, however not in Queensland.


Metered parking is available in busy areas such as Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Southport, and Coolangatta. Free parking is generally available at other centers.


Tipping is not the general custom in Australia and service charges are not added to accounts by hotels and restaurants.


Multiculturalism celebrates Australian traditions, recognizing that our culture is vibrant, multifaceted, living and constantly evolving. Cultural and linguistic diversity was a feature of life for the first Australians, well before European settlement. It remains a feature of modern Australian life, and it continues to give us distinct social, cultural and business advantages.

Australians recognize, accept, respect and celebrate cultural diversity. We embrace the heritage of Indigenous Australians, early European settlement, our Australian-grown customs and those of the diverse range of migrants now coming to our country.

With 43% of the population born overseas or with at least one parent born overseas, and with some 200 languages between us, Australia has one of the most cosmopolitan populations in the world. Almost one in four of Australia’s 19 million people were born overseas. In 2011/2012 the number of migrants coming to Australia totaled 158,943 and they came from more than 150 countries. It is a very tolerant society.

International students who come to Australia enjoy the benefits of our multicultural society. Australians are extremely friendly people and welcome international students to their communities and friendship groups. Although English is the official language, a host of other languages is spoken in Australia.

As one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world, many Australians are naturally fluent in other languages. More than 3.9 million Australians speak a language other than English at home. Within the education and training system, about 15 percent of those of working age studying for an educational qualification has English as a second language. More than 800,000 Australians speak a European Union language, apart from English, in the home. Another 800,000 Australians speak an Asian language in the home.

In Australia not only is there the opportunity to improve your English through specialist study in an English-speaking environment but all sectors of Australian education and training provide tuition in many other languages as well.  English, as it is spoken in Australia, is very easily understood by nearly all people from other English-speaking nations. While there are some minor differences in accent between the cities and country areas the difference is much less than you will find in America, Britain, and Canada where French is also spoken. As you improve your English in Australia you will learn some of our slang, and have much fun explaining the meanings to your friends and relatives at home.


Australia is predominantly a Christian country with values but only 10% of the population actually attend church, even though over 70% believe in God. All religions are represented in our multicultural society. Australians respect the freedom of people to practice their choice of religion. Generally, many Australians are very tolerant of other religions. There are many Christian Churches, located on the Gold Coast. Students are welcome to Hope Church Australia where Hope College is located.


Australia has a very good health care system. All Australians pay a Medicare levy (additional tax) to fund the public health system and ensure everyone gets access to public system doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare services. People who pay extra into a private health insurance fund receive certain privileges when they use private health care services. As well as the usual services available in just about any Australian suburb or town, most Australian institutions also provide special health care services and advice for students.

International students studying in Australia are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of their student visa. Hope College can arrange your mandatory health cover for you or you can arrange this yourself.


  • Major public hospitals include:
  • Gold Coast University Hospital +61 1300 744 284 and
  • Robina Hospital +61 7 5668 6000
  • Private hospitals and 24-hour clinics are available.
  • Health Services (including Private Health Insurance)

The Gold Coast is served by two general hospitals (at Robina and Southport) and by a number of private hospitals. Medical specialty services and  24- hour medical clinics are available. The area also has a variety of paramedical services, such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, community health and alternative and holistic practitioners.


Doctors throughout the Gold Coast are listed in the Yellow Pages telephone book under “Medical Practitioners.” Also included is a Medical Practitioners Locality Guide which lists doctors and medical centers according to suburb or area on the Gold Coast. Should you require emergency medical assistance, call 000 on the telephone. The Queensland Ambulance service is able to respond to emergency calls within just a few minutes. This number should not be used for non-emergency health problems.

If you’re an International Student studying in Australia, it is a condition of your student visa that you have private health insurance for the duration of your stay, as you are not covered by Australia’s national health system, Medicare.

If Hope College is to arrange Overseas Student Health Cover for a potential student, the fees (OSHC) are paid to the College at the time of enrollment.  If the potential student arranges their own OSHC they must provide Hope College with evidence of their cover at the time of enrollment. The cost of the OSHC differs depending on the duration of your course. OSHC arranged by Hope College is provided by the British United Provident Association (BUPA) or the Newcastle Industrial Benefits (NIB) Health Funds.

Why are International Students required to maintain Overseas Student Health Cover?

Hospital treatment in Australia can be expensive. International Students are not eligible for Medicare – the Australian Government’s public health insurance system. Without access to the safety net of Medicare, International Students may have difficulty paying for medical treatment. As a result, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) was introduced to ensure International Students have adequate health care arrangements during their stay in Australia.

OSHC ensures International Students can access appropriate health care without undue financial hardship. All student visa holders must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance in Australia. Students must not arrive in Australia before their health insurance starts. If student visa holders in Australia and do not have adequate health insurance, you are in breach of visa condition 8501.


Australia has a fantastic variety of food. Our top quality meat, fish, fruits, and vegetables are exported to markets all around the globe. There is a large range of fruit and vegetables available at Australian produce markets. You should have no difficulty in finding the foods that you are used to at home. You can sample almost every type of cuisine available throughout the world in our many restaurants. There are elegant restaurants plus McDonalds and other fast food outlets. Ethnic restaurants offer cuisines from all around the world. Good food at reasonable prices can be found at bistros or cafes. And for those who like takeaway, most of the major global fast food chains are well represented. The adventurous can try some of our ‘bush tucker’.

You can sample almost every type of cuisine available throughout the world in our many restaurants. There are elegant restaurants plus McDonalds and other fast food outlets. Ethnic restaurants offer cuisines from all around the world. Good food at reasonable prices can be found at bistros or cafes. And for those who like takeaway, most of the major global fast food chains are well represented. The adventurous can try some of our ‘bush tucker’.


The Gold Coast experiences a mild sub-tropical climate. There are around 280 days of sunshine per year with an average temperature throughout the year of 25 degrees centigrade. In summer the temperature ranges between 27 and 33 degrees centigrade.  During the cooler winter months from June through to September, the maximum temperature ranges between 20 and 24 degrees centigrade. The rainfall average is 1371 millimeters annually, and the average seawater temperature throughout the year is 22 degrees centigrade.  Climate: The region enjoys a subtropical climate and an average of 280 days sunshine a year.

  • Spring: September to November 15-25oC / 59-77oF
  • Summer: December – February 20-35oC / 68-83oF
  • Autumn: March to May 15-25oC / 61-77oF
  • Winter: June to August 09-21oC / 52-70oF


Enjoy outdoor activities without the risk of sun damage by wearing a broad-brimmed hat, a shirt with collar and sleeves and sunscreen on exposed skin. Try to avoid staying outdoors during the middle of the day.


Casual, lightweight clothes are generally worn on the Gold Coast and Northern New South Wales. A jacket or other suitable outfit may be required in some nightclubs and restaurants. Comfortable shoes are a must for hiking through National Parks.



The electrical current in Australia is 240/250 volts AC, 50 cycles. The Australian three-pin plug is extremely safe. Adaptors are usually required for most foreign appliances. A transformer may be required if you bring an appliance from overseas that operates on a different voltage. Universal outlets for 110 volts (shavers only) are standard in hotels, apartments, and motels.


Australia has a modern telephone system. Many private households now also have internet access. Public telephones are now rarely available at shopping centers and situated on street corners. Public pay phones accept a variety of coins and Phone-cards. Phone-cards are pre-paid for use in public pay phones and can be bought at a large number of retail outlets in denominations of $A5, $A10, $A20 and $A50. Credit phones take most major credit cards such as American Express, Visa, Mastercard and Diners International and can be found at international and domestic airports, central city locations and hotels. Very cheap International pre-paid phone cards are also available for purchase from local community stores. Mobile phones are strongly recommended.


The first decision to consider is deciding what type of place you want to live in and where you want to live. You can rent your own apartment, flat or house; you can share a flat or house with other people (an arrangement called “share accommodation”). You can look for rental vacancies and share accommodation in the Local Newspaper, The Gold Coast Bulletin, for Brisbane’s students The Courier Mail. Alternatively, you can contact various local real estate for rental properties or browse their website for vacancies. The following list represents some of the popular local real estates.

Ray White 5553 1100  www.raywhitebroadbeach.com.au; Professionals 5530 5255  www.professionals.com.au;

First National 5520 5122  www.propertygoldcoast.com.au; PRD 5535 4544  www.prd.com.au;

Raine & Horne 5576 2000 www.raineandhorneburleigh.com.au;  and collective website www.realestate.com.au where you can view many agency listings for rental accommodation options.


Renting your own apartment, flat or house means you can choose who lives with you and this may be a good choice for students who prefer their independence. It also means that you may need to buy (or rent) all your own furniture. The estate agent will ask you to sign a contract (tenancy agreement or lease) with the owner, agreeing that you will stay in the place for a minimum period of time (usually 6 or 12 months). Make certain that the accommodation is suitable for your needs and that you can afford it. Contact real estate agents close to the area in which you want to live.

The average apartment, house or flat ranges from $160 – $220 per week (one bedroom) or $350-$600 per week (two-three bedroom house). A bond or security deposit equal to one month’s rent is also required. Bond money is what you pay to the landlord or real estate agent in case you don’t fulfill your responsibilities. It is refundable after you move out of the flat or house, provided you leave the property in reasonable condition and fulfill your obligations under the lease.



This type of rental accommodation can only be arranged after you arrive on the Gold Coast. In a shared apartment, flat or house each person usually has his or her own bedroom and shares the bathroom, kitchen and living areas with other people. Costs depend on the size of the residence and the number of people sharing.

Your budget should allow for food, electricity and other bills, plus transport and other personnel costs. Food costs can be shared, with everyone paying an agreed amount per week, or each person buying his or her own food (approximately $75 to $110 per week). In most households, the cost of electricity, telephone rental, and other bills are shared equally (approximately $65 per week). You will normally record and pay for your own telephone calls.

Long distance and international calls are itemized on the telephone bill that is they are listed individually with the number called and the cost of the call. The average price of a room ranges from $100 to $140 per week. You will also be asked to pay a bond or security deposit.


Hostels usually have a bathroom and living and leisure areas that are shared with other residents. Some hostels include meals in their fees, while at others you cook for yourself. You can have your own room at most hostels but this is more expensive than if you are sharing a room with another student. Prices vary from $100 to $250 per week. There may be other charges, such as a bond (security deposit) and appliance charges.


If you choose to rent or live in shared accommodation or organize a share accommodation house you should be aware of your legal rights and responsibilities. You can get most of this information from the Residential Tenancies Authority website:  http://www.rta.qld.gov.au

This website will give you information about your rights as a tenant in rental accommodation and your responsibilities, such as household maintenance and pay your rent on time. You may also be responsible for paying for the cost of the reconnection of the utilities that is to have gas, electricity, water, and telephone turned on. When you leave a rental property it is your responsibility to notify the electricity, telephone and gas companies that you have left and are no longer responsible for the bills.

When you move into a place, you need to make sure that you understand all of the papers that you sign. Do not sign anything unless you are fully aware of all terms and conditions, and you are sure you understand them clearly. If you would like clarification of any documents you have to sign, you can visit the College for help.


If you have dependent children with you during your stay in Australia you may need to arrange schooling or child care for your children.  You will need to decide between private and state schooling for your children.  Education Queensland runs state schooling in Qld.  There are numerous public and private schools located near our campuses.  The following website provides a search facility to find a state or non-state (private) school in your area:


The following websites provide search facilities to find childcare centers for your preschool children.  http://www.echildcare.com.au and www.mychild.gov.au


With one of the highest standards of living in the world, Australia offers modern transport systems. Australia has an extensive public transport system that includes trains, buses, tramways, ferries, three major national airlines Qantas, Jet Star and Virgin Australia. Metropolitan areas are divided into zones and your ticket type and cost depends on which

Metropolitan areas are divided into zones and your ticket type and cost depends on which zone you are going to travel in and for how long. Tickets can be bought at train stations, on buses, and at news agencies. Hope College students can arrive in Brisbane Airport & travel by train or coach to the Gold Coast, or you may wish to arrive at Sydney Airport and change flights and fly directly to the Gold Coast Airport. Coaches & Taxis are available from the Gold Coast Airport. Transport to Hope College is by Surfside Bus lines which run Routes 750 and 753 through Varsity Lakes.

Metered taxicabs operate in all major cities and towns. You will find taxi ranks at transport terminals, main hotels or shopping centers or you can hail taxis on the street or get an Uber.

A light and sign on the roof indicate if a cab is vacant. There is a minimum charge of hiring and then a charge per kilometer traveled. Taxi drivers do not have to be tipped.

Tourist students may drive in Australia on a valid overseas drivers license but if the document is not in the English language the visitor must carry a  translation with the permit. An international driving license is not sufficient by itself.  The speed limit is 50km/h in residential and commercial areas or where otherwise indicated. A 100kmh speed limit on highways or where otherwise indicated. For more information, please refer to the Department of Transport and Main Roads Website.


Shopping centers usually include a supermarket for buying food and household items, clothing and shoe stores, travel agents, banks, restaurants and coffee shops, pharmacies, book and photographic shops, jewelers, a medical center, and other such amenities. Credit cards and charge cards are widely accepted when purchasing goods and services. The most commonly accepted cards are Visa,  MasterCard, and American Express. Australia’s major

Australia’s major centers and capital cities have world-class shopping facilities. On the Gold Coast, we have several major shopping centers: Pacific Fair, Australia Fair, Robina Shopping Centre, Stockland Burleigh Heads. Part-time positions are available at many of the centers for students.

General shopping hours   9.00 am – 5.30 pm. 7 days a week    Thursday Late night shopping until 9.00 pm

Some small supermarkets like 7Eleven, Night Owl are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week

The Gold Coast is regarded as the tourist capital of Australia, and it offers many opportunities for entertainment and recreation. In addition to over 500 restaurants, a casino and a number of multi-screen movie theatres, theme parks (Seaworld, Warner Bros Movie World, Dreamworld, White Water World, Wet ‘n’ Wild Water Park, Paradise County, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary  and Australian Outback Spectacular) as well as many sports Golf, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Soccer, Tennis and Netball and  being so close to the water plenty of opportunity for water sports.

There are so many unique tours and experiences on the Gold Coast that include:  Tours through the magical Hinterland; Four-wheel-drive and eco tours; Sightseeing tours through the City, Canals, and Broadwater; Shopping tours; Night tours to view Australian native animals; Cruises by catamaran, replica tall ship or luxury cruiser.  If you need additional information on the Gold Coast simply visit—Gold Coast Tourism Bureau     www.goldcoasttourism.com.au


Students and their dependent family members who were granted a student visa have permission to work.

Students and their dependent family members with permission to work must not undertake work until the main student visa holder has started their course in Australia. They are limited to 40 hours work per fortnight while their course is in session but may work unlimited hours during formal holiday periods.

Student visa holders found to be working in excess of their limited work rights may be subject to visa cancellation.


There is a range of external agencies where you can ask for assistance with employment-related issues. Here is a listing of agencies where you can get help:


The Queensland WorkCover Authority is the manager of Queensland’s workplace safety system and provides information on work cover and workplace occupational health & safety issues. For more information, please visit the website: https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/  or phone: 1300 362 128


Hope College is located within the area covered by the Gold Coast City Council. The GCCC is responsible for local and municipal services such as the provision of water refuse collection and libraries. The Council-published “Community Services Guide and Events Calendar” contains a listing of services provided by the Gold Coast City Council, together with the phone numbers of the relevant departments. The website:  www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au / Phone: 1300 465 326

The Queensland State Government and the Australian Commonwealth Government maintain offices on the Gold Coast for many of their departments. The White Pages index near the front of the Gold Coast telephone book has a comprehensive listing where you can find contact information about the various government services available.  Also, the Queensland Government has a free call number to call during business hours (9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday) for inquiries about its services. The website: https://www.qld.gov.au/ The phone number is 13 74 68. Staff will assist you with your inquiry and provide you with a number of the correct State   Government Department or Organisation.


The Queensland Police Service has stations located nearby at the following locations:

  • Robina Station  291 Scottsdale Drive, Robina
  • Operating Hours:  Mon-Fri 8 am— 4 pm Phone:  07 5656 9111
  • Mudgeeraba Station  18 Railway Street, Mudgeeraba                      Operating Hours:  Mon-Fri  8am-4pm    Phone: 07 5559 3888
  • Broadbeach Station    Philip Av and Surf Parade, Broadbeach         Operating Hours: 24 hours   Phone:  07 5581 2800


The Australian Government has an extensive network of Education and Training Counsellors, Australian Education Centres (AEC’s) and education advisers around the world providing reliable advice on how to prepare your application to Hope College.

Asia; Europe and the United Kingdom; People’s Republic of China; Austria; Brunei; Czech Republic; Hong Kong; Denmark; Chile; India; France; Indonesia; Finland; Japan; Italy; Korea; Germany; Malaysia; Hungary;   Singapore; Norway; Taiwan; Poland; Thailand; Spain; Vietnam; Sweden; Switzerland; North America; United Kingdom; United States; South America;  Middle East; Brazil; and United Arab Emirates.    Australian Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates Australian Government representation in other countries can take a variety of forms.

Our main diplomatic offices are embassies and high commissions. In many countries, you will also find Australian consulates and trade offices. You can find the contact details of your nearest Australian Government office on the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.

Australian Government   www.australia.gov.au

Department of Home Affairs   www.homeaffairs.gov.au

Queensland Government    www.qld.gov.au