1. Under the provisions of Schedule 1A of the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (HESA) and Chapter 3 of the VET Provider Guidelines Hope of the Gold Coast Ltd (the First Provider) must comply with the VET Tuition Assurance requirements. This is to protect students in the event that Hope of the Gold Coast Ltd. ceases to provide a VET course of study in which a student is enrolled. The meaning of ‘ceasing to provide a VET course of study’ is set out at paragraph 3.1.25 of the VET Provider Guidelines. A copy of these is available from: http://www.deewr.gov.au/VetFeeHelp.
Students Have The Right to Choose
2. In the event that Hope of the Gold Coast Ltd. ceases to provide a VET course of study in which a student is enrolled the student is entitled to a choice of:
a) an offer of a place in a similar VET course of study with a second provider without any requirement to pay the Second Provider any VET tuition fee for any replacement VET units (this is known as the “VET Course Assurance Option”);
b) a refund of his or her up-front VET payments for any VET unit of study that the student commences but does not complete because Hope of the Gold Coast Ltd. ceases to provide the VET course of study of which the VET unit forms part (this is known as the “VET Tuition Fee Repayment Option”)
3. Hope of the Gold Coast Ltd. has met the VET tuition assurance requirements as specified in the VET Provider Guidelines through its current membership of ACPET ASTAS-VET Scheme.
ACPET Contact Details;
Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET).
- Suite 101, Level 1 126 Wellington Parade East Melbourne, Vic 3002, Australia.
- PO Box 551 East Melbourne, VIC 8002 Ph: (03) 9412 5900. Fax: (03) 9416 1895.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website www.acpet.edu.au
4. If Hope of the Gold Coast Ltd. ceases to provide a VET course of study, ACPET will send a student enrolled in the VET course of study a written VET Tuition Assurance Offer (the offer) advising the student of the options available under the VET tuition assurance requirements. The offer will include directions that the student must follow in order to notify ACPET Administrator of the choice they have made for each affected VET unit. The ACPET Administrator will provide this offer within twenty business days after it knows, or should know by reasonable enquiries that Hope of the Gold Coast Ltd. has ceased to provide the VET course of study.
5. For the purposes of VET FEE-HELP, all courses offered by Hope of the Gold Coast Ltd. in accordance with the course requirements of clause 45 of Schedule 1A of the Higher Education Support Act 2003 are covered by ACPET ASTAS-VET (’the scheme’) as part of Hope of the Gold Coast Ltd.’s membership of the scheme.
6. A student may choose either;
The VET Course Assurance Option:
7. Under the VET course assurance option, a student will be offered a place in a similar VET course of study by ACPET. If the student accepts this option, then ACPET will make all necessary arrangements to ensure a student is able to enrol with the second provider in the similar VET course of study. This offered VET course will lead to the same or a comparable qualification without any requirement on the part of the student to pay the second provider any VET tuition fee for any replacement VET units (that is, units that the student had commenced but not completed because the VET course ceased to be offered). A student will receive full credit from the second provider for any VET units of study successfully completed at Hope of the Gold Coast Ltd.
8. The second provider nominated by ACPET may have different VET tuition fees to the fees the student would have paid for VET units of study, which were part of the VET course of study that Hope of the Gold Coast Ltd. ceased to provide but which the student had not yet started studying.
9. A student is not obliged to enrol in a VET course of study with a second provider offered by ACPET under the VET Course Assurance Option. However, if he/she enrols with any other VET provider, then there is no obligation on that VET provider to offer full credit transfer for the VET units of study completed with Hope Of the Gold Coast Ltd. or to offer replacement VET unit/s free of charge.
The VET Tuition Fee Repayment Option
10. Under the VET Tuition Fee Repayment Option, ACPET undertakes to pay the student the total of any up-front VET payments already paid by the student for any VET units of study the student has commenced but not completed because the VET course ceased to be offered. Students selecting this option will also have their FEE-HELP balance re-credited for the uncompleted VET units.
The method this Statement of VET Tuition Assurance will be made public to students will be on Hope of the Gold Coast Ltd’s website (http://www.hopecollege.com/). Hope of the Gold Coast ltd, will also advise students about where the Statement of VET Tuition Assurance may be obtained from as part of their enrolment information.